Classes of hosting services
A hosting service includes stashing and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server administered by a website hosting supplier. There are various types of hosting services used for different goals, so let's take a look at these. Doing so, you can conclude what you want, based on whether you wish to build a web site, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a service distributed by various vendors, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting solutions are often supported by displaying ads by the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain period of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely awry interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would assign the workload between different sets of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some corporations offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you wish to share a large number of pics with buddies or associates since the service is usually free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your email address accounts. Some providers offer website hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you want to open an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can create e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a particular amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred site visitors, you may have difficulty with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to administer as many videos as you would like without worrying about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to run a web site. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and email address accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At NTC Hosting, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web space hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for particular web content only.